Skip to main content


Work Cover and Public Liability Insurance

  • An In Home Care Educator who is personally injured or damages property during children’s CCS attendance times (within work times) is covered by ALHCA Workcover Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for up to $10,000,000 worth of damage in the Client’s home.
  • If a Client chooses to utilise the Public Liability Insurance Policy, they will need to get in contact with us immediately so that our team can assist with processing the claim, the CLIENT shall be responsible for payment of the $250 excess.
  • If the damage is less than $250 THE AGENCY cannot assist with the claim and suggests that the Client pursue the claim through their own home insurance policy, which may have a lower excess.
  • THE AGENCY and its Childcare Educators will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from engagement of a Childcare Educator by a Client.
  • In Home Care Families who allow In Home Care Educators to remain within the boundaries of their property outside of the children’s CCS attendance times (outside work times) are required to have active insurance cover in place, that covers personal injury to others or damage to their property as a result of an incident.
  • In Home Care Families are required to provide, upon request, to the Agency all insurance details which may be relevant to the provision of services under the In Home Care Program. This may include, but not limited to, home insurance, car insurance, health insurance, etc.
  • In the event that the Childcare Educator is required to drive their own or the Client’s Vehicle during working hours and have taken all reasonable care to avoid a motor vehicle accident, it is the Client’s responsibility to make full insurance excess payments for any insurance claim activated.